The West Central Missouri Diabetes Conference will feature several healthcare professionals from Jackson, Johnson, Lafayette and Clay counties.Presenters for the 2016 Conference are:
Kendra Fulk Butner, RN, MBA, MSN, BC-FNP - Conference Organizer and Presenter
• Family Nurse Practitioner, Family Practice Associates, Higginsville
• Masters in Nursing
• Masters in Business Administration
• Phi Theta Kappa National Honor Society
• Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society in Nursing
Ms. Butner has worked with many diabetics and their families helping them manage their health. Many doctors, because of increasing demands, spend less than 15 minutes with each patient during an office visit - not giving patients with chronic illnesses enough time to gather important information on managing their disease. Recognizing the need for diabetics have the information and resources they need to take control of their condition, she organized the first West Central Missouri Diabetes Conference in 2003.James O'Keefe, Jr., MD - Presenter
• Doctor of Medicine, Cardiovascular Consultants, P.C.
• Board Certified American Board of Internal Medicine -- Subspecialty in Cardiovascular Disease
• On staff at Anderson County Hospital
• Saint Luke's Hospital of Kansas City
• Saint Luke's Northland Hospital
• Saint Luke's South
• Wright Memorial Hospital
Dr. O'Keefe is the Director of Preventive Cardiology at the Mid America Heart Institute and is practicing clinical and nuclear cardiologist. He is also Clinical Professor of Medicine at the University of Missouri-Kansas City, a Fellow in the American College of Cardiology and the Clinical Council on Cardiology of the American Heart Association. Dr. O'Keefe is active in research and education. He has published over 120 scientific papers and authored six books.Ahmed Awad, DO -- Presenter
• Nephrologist St. Lukes
Practicing Internist in Kansas City, MO. Dr. Awad graduated from University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine in 1994 and has been in practice for 27 years. Dr. Awad also specializes in Nephrology. He currently practices at Kansas City Kidney Consultants and is affiliated with Saint Luke's Hospital of Kansas City. Dr. Awad accepts multiple insurance plans including Aetna, Medicare and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
Dr. Robert J. Kenney - Presenter
• General Surgery
• Bariatrician. Dr.
• Dr. Robert J. Kenney graduated from the Midwestern University/ Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine in 2005. He works in Warrensburg, MO and specializes in General Surgery and Bariatrician. Dr. Kenney is affiliated with Western Missouri Medical Center .